[Yr11 Information Technology] Developing SAC's

Margaret Lawson margaret.lawson at konstantkaos.net
Sat Feb 12 13:43:00 EST 2011

The point I was trying to make Dinh, is that the Year 11 curriculum
gives us the flexibility to make the course more relevant to our
students. I would think that every teachers goal would be to make the
curriculum engaging or fun for their students. Perhaps I used the word
fun too much?

The request for brainstorming was a reflection on the fact that the
example of Unit 1 Outcome 1 in the study design might not appeal to
students, it wasn't a criticism on what you are doing with your
students. What is engaging for your students might not be engaging for
my students.

Regards

Margaret

On 12/02/2011 7:17 AM, Dinh Tran wrote:

> Hi Margaret,
>
> Would you like to share some ideas how to make it "fun" for students?
>
> Students in my class have fun by working on tutorials and having
> discussions on topics of interests.
>
> I would like students to take the SAC seriously as if they are in year
> 12. They are also assessed similarly to year 12 standards.
>
> Every subject in year 12 is stressful and challenging for the students
> so if teachers give them a taste of what's to come (during year 11),
> they will likely choose the right subjects based on their strengths
> and interests. Perhaps not all teachers would agree with me on this
> point but when I look into the eyes of my students, that's what I see.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dinh Tran
>
> Loyola College
>
> P.S. If anyone wishes to share resources with me directly, you can
> contact me securely at trand at loyola.vic.edu.au

Margaret Lawson

Konstant Kaos Designs

ABN 50 523 597 927