[Yr11 Information Technology] Google Docs in action

Mike Brookes mikebr at tpg.com.au
Tue Jun 15 17:49:06 EST 2010

Hi people,
How do you get round the legal issues of using Google Docs with students
under 18? - section 2.3 below
Or haven't people read the terms and conditions?

http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS?hl=en

*2. Accepting the Terms*

    2.1 In order to use the Services, you must first agree to the Terms.
    You may not use the Services if you do not accept the Terms.

    2.2 You can accept the Terms by:

        (A) clicking to accept or agree to the Terms, where this option
        is made available to you by Google in the user interface for any
        Service; or

        (B) by actually using the Services. In this case, you understand
        and agree that Google will treat your use of the Services as
        acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.

    2.3 You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if (a)
    you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Google, or
    (b) you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the
    laws of the United States or other countries including the country
    in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.

    2.4 Before you continue, you should print off or save a local copy
    of the Universal Terms for your records.

Mike Brookes
chief cook and bottlewasher Copperfield College