[Year 12 SofDev] Prog Languages

Mark mark at vceit.com
Thu May 9 04:28:44 UTC 2019

Hi, thrillseekers

If students want to choose an alternative language (or a different
implementation of it) you might want to create a checklist of VCAA's
'approved language criteria' and get the student to tick that their chosen
language and implementation meets the criteria.

This comes to mind:

Dear amazing and wonderful SD teacher,

To the best of my knowledge, I [ insert name here] believe that my chosen
programming language [ insert language name / implementation here] is able
to:

[  ] develop a GUI for use in digital systems such as laptops, gaming
consoles, mobile phones, tablets, robots.
[  ] construct and use data structures
[  ] design and apply data validation techniques
[  ] use program control structures: selection, iteration and sequencing
[  ] use modularisation and code optimisation
[  ] use objects, methods and event-driven programming functions.
[  ] design, construct and use external storage and access technologies
[  ] retrieve data from external sources.

So help me, [ insert deity's name here ]

Your humble student
Signed this day [ insert date here ]

[sign here]

[apply fingerprint in blood here]

Staple one $50 note here.

Or something similar. (Your version may vary)

Regards,
Mark