[Year 12 SofDev] SD and mobile devices

Darren Scott dscott at ccb.vic.edu.au
Sun Jul 17 15:18:41 AEST 2016

As long as writing user documentation doesn’t rear its head again, I’m sure the kids will be happy … it was always one of the worst-done areas of any SAC. Putting the kids into the head of Betty, the 74 year old receptionist who has sought the Any Key for the last 30 years was always an ask (and yes, Betty White was the inspiration for the name, even though she’s 20 years older and is a dab hand with Twitter and Instagram).

To be honest, after the initial fear and resistance, I find this current study design really synchs together well. Occasionally I feel like there’s something missing as I don’t seem to be teaching content as much, but going through the study design and marking scheme for the SAT I feel like I’ve covered everything well within time of needing to and still have every Friday double as SAT time … maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Oh, guilty confession – I quickly cover NS charts and flow charts anyway, just to show the kids how they work in case they look at old exams or textbooks that still use them. Never more than 15 minutes total class time, though, and the kids get sick of me stating “this isn’t part of the study design and won’t be on your exam”.

Darren

[cid:CCBcrest60x63_21f6a3df-1929-4432-add0-6625033709f2.png]
Darren Scott
Teacher
Catholic College Bendigo

'Opening the Doors of Mercy'