[Year 12 SofDev] SD and mobile devices

Mark mark at vceit.com
Sun Jul 17 14:41:19 AEST 2016

Hi, data wranglers

I was just about to post a link to an amusing XKCD cartoon about mobile
phone design

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/xkcd_phone_4.png

when I realised that the new study design seemed to lack the previous
design's fanatical focus on programming for mobile devices.

After a quick check of the new design, I can't find *any* reference to
programming for mobile devices. It makes me wonder if VCAA now consider
mobile devices *so* ubiquitous that they no longer deserve to be
emphasised, or ... what?

Maybe it's just a fashion:
- project management disappeared in the last design, now it's back (yay!) ;
- mobile devices were trendy last time: now they're gone (yay!).

Maybe in the next study design we'll have our beloved flow charts or NS
charts back. They have been gone too long.

Which made me wonder: which bits of the old study design do *you* miss, and
which of the new design do you welcome? Or vice versa.

You have 15 minutes to talk in small groups, then we have the plenary
session before tea and bikkies. Virtual butcher's paper and markers are
provided.

mark at vceit.com
http://vceit.com