[Year 12 SofDev] Combined IT/SD class

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Tue Sep 10 22:06:25 EST 2013

Hi Chris,

I had a near identical situation last year IT12 (7 students) and SD34 (11 students). It was either 1 class or neither would run.

It would have been unfair on everyone to run 2 separate courses in the one room. Each student would have got half a teacher at best.

So the only responsible course of action was to run a single course of SD34 justified by the path of least harm . Anything else would have been too damaging.

The “only” harm was that the IT12 (7 students) had to take on SD34 with no prior IT at VCE ( they did have Yr 10 IT which was not really aligned with the SD course).

In any case my top mark was 46 from the Yr 12 group, and my second mark was 43 from the Yr 11 group so there was a happy ending J

Good luck

Kevork Krozian

Edulists Creator Administrator

www.edulists.com.au