[Opensource] Blender - New Interface and total rewrite

Fawcett - Le Rossignol, Jamie E fawcettlerossignol.jamie.e at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue May 4 10:50:07 EST 2010

Blender is certainly an excellent open-source resource. I'm excited with
the new version and the improvements to make the Interface easier. The
Alpha is in active development with regular feedback provided by the
artists and designers in the Durian Open-Movie Project
(http://durian.blender.org/).

Useful resources;

There is a course used in a high school
(http://www.cdschools.org/54223045235521/blank/browse.asp?a=383&BMDRN=20
00&BCOB=0&c=55205), but it is for the old version of Blender (v. 2.49).

Blender Nation (http://www.blendernation.com/) acts like a central hub
of Blender activity and projects.  There is Blender Art Magazine
(http://blenderart.org/), which is up to issue 26 and has useful
tutorials and things about Blender.

There is a nice tutorial on making the Planet Earth
(http://www.chamberlinproductions.org/blenderearth.html) which makes use
of NASAs photos of Earth, The Blue Marble Project
(http://www.blendernation.com/nasa-blue-marble-project/). The same
website (http://www.chamberlinproductions.org/), also gives information
on doing the other planets.

Cheers,