[Opensource] Blender - New Interface and total rewrite

Jack Matthews jack_m_matthews at hotmail.com
Sat May 1 22:20:36 EST 2010

I recently found out that Blender (The 3D modeling, animation and game package) has been totally rewritten.  The new version has had a total User Interface rewrite which is good because the old interface was horrendous.  This is quite exciting as it is free and open source and a great choice for teachers looking for a 3D animation course in their school.  I taught this a while back with my students using the old interface - I had a small class and some of the models they made were amazing but the interface always bugged the hell out of me and the students.  This is looking very promising.

It is still in development but the Alpha release is certainly usable right now.

Download: http://www.blender.org/download/get-25-alpha/

-Jack
http://www.setschoolsfree.com