[Opensource] eLearning Planning

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sat Aug 4 20:16:17 EST 2007

I don't think that there is anything as sinister as that Pia, maybe I am
being naive, but afaik there is no directive to not use alternatives and
I have never been told that I can't implement OO or any OSS. Rather it
is a lack of knowledge of the alternatives and the fact is that the
Microsoft deal was in early on schools, (as was Apple), way back when
installing Linux was still not for the faint hearted. It means most
teachers still have no knowledge whatsoever of the alternatives or that
they even exist, something I am trying very hard to remedy in my area
anyway.
Cameron