[Moodle] Great Moodling!

Donald Hew HewD at vermontsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Jan 14 23:17:55 EST 2009

Moodlers

Thank you to Ros for organising the Moodle meeting on Tuesday and her great hospitality. It is always great when good ideas can be shared and exchanged. Hope that this type of meeting will continue in the future. I particularly like Ros' Moodle theme, Phil's CourseLab demo, Laurie's navigation "tab" across his whole Moodle site and Mahara Moodle demo. Thank you all for making this happen.

The few extra modules/plugins that I use are:
  * image slideshow <http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=599>
  * graph stats <http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=303>
  * feedback <http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=95>

One word of caution, please select the appropriate version of these extra modules to match your Moodle version as wrong version could break your Moodle setup.

Graph stats is being used on the frontpage of my Moodle site <http://moodle.vermontsc.vic.edu.au> and this is good to quickly summarise the usage of the site.

Image slide show is being used quite regularly to create thumbnail of a series of digital camera images for school events/excursions so that students and teachers can see them straight after these events. After uploading the images via FTP (the hard part), creating a slide show with this module is quite straight forward.

The Feedback module is being used to create simple surveys and results can be viewed in bar graphs. We have used this to survey students, teachers and parents last year as part of our Year 10 curriculum review.

I have also used a HTML block on the frontpage to create a simple navigation linking to other resources.

--
Donald Hew
Director of ICT & Webmaster