[Year 12 IT Apps] Unit 3 Outcome 1

Laura Fihelly fihl at crcsydenham.net
Wed Feb 9 12:39:50 EST 2011

Hi there, I am completely new to IT Applications and have moved from
Brisbane, so I don't have much knowledge about the subject. I know that
for the first outcome in unit 3 students have to create a prototype
website based around an online community. My question is, do students
use (in my case Dreamweaver) to actually create the website and actually
create a type of online community like a forum. If so does anyone have
any resources as to how students actually do this? Or do they find an
image of a forum, wiki etc and use a program like photoshop to edit it
and insert it as an image in their site?

My students have a good understanding of creating websites but to create
the forum they (and myself) are a little unsure of how to do it.

Thanks for your help J

Laura Fihelly

Teacher of Business Management & Information Technologies

Catholic Regional College Sydenham

380 Sydenham Road

Sydenham 3037

email: fihl at crcsydenham.net <mailto:principal at crcsydenham.net>