[Year 12 IT Apps] Spreadsheet vs Database for U4O1

Mann, Warrick D Mann.Warrick.D at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Dec 5 20:17:10 EST 2011

I agree with Mark.

From: itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Mark KELLY
Sent: Monday, 5 December 2011 7:07 PM
To: Year 12 IT Applications Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Year 12 IT Apps] Spreadsheet vs Database for U4O1

Disagree. U4O1 key knowledge is not database-driven. It applies equally to SS.
On 5 December 2011 16:25, Robert Hind <robert at yinnar.com<mailto:robert at yinnar.com>> wrote:
No Mark you did not suggest that! But the U401 outcomes are essentially to do with databases, whatever the SD says.

I just have a real problem with using a spreadsheet to do what is essentially database work. It is like using MS Word to do desktop publishing. Perhaps we are headed towards the MSicandoitall.exe that will do word processing, spreadsheets, databases, dtp, slide shows - and would you like fries with that?

Please let's use appropriate software.

Robert Hind (Semi-retired) OOF, GOM, COF
Ashwood and Traralgon
robert at yinnar.com<mailto:robert at yinnar.com>