[Year 12 IT Apps] ITA Proposed U3O2 - a bias towards databases?

Robert robert at yinnar.com
Wed Aug 19 17:47:52 EST 2009

Sorry, Robert back again. Can't keep quiet :-)

1.  Many people use a spreadsheet essentially as a flat file database. If so
this is not efficient. Massive data redundancy in a large "database". Nuff
said.

2.  I am also very much into graphics manipulation and web site design. It
was good when that was part of the course, and more interesting for the
"kids" (Hey I can call them that at my age!)

3.  So what are we really talking about?
          Should we be making the course more attractive to the students to
keep class numbers up? A student designed course perhaps.
          How flexible should the course be in terms of software used?
          ?
          or should Robert keep quiet!

Robert Hind (Semi-retired)
Ashwood and Traralgon