[Year 12 IT Apps] Q A10

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Nov 14 19:29:02 EST 2007

On 14/11/2007, at 7:15 PM, john Schwartz wrote:

> Can someone who knows more than me about this please tell me how
> using a VPN
> is web conferencing? I accept that D is the intended answer but
> thought that
> web conferencing used the web while VPN's did not.

Well it can't be email because that's not real time. The only other
option provided is web conferencing. Of course there are other
arguably better choices for real-time discussion methods but they
weren't given as multiple choice options. And the term "web" might be
confusing because if it's on a VPN it obviously won't be on the World
Wide Web. It could still be hosted on a web server only visible from
the private network.

Russell Edwards
Whittlesea Secondary College