[Year 12 IT Apps] Q A10

Selina Dennis selina at dennis.net.au
Wed Nov 14 19:27:10 EST 2007

Hi John,

A VPN can be considered a "more secure" network-in-a-network. It "uses the
web" in that it tunnels through the same network systems/etc as everything
else. While VPNs provide a layer of security that may perhaps not be
available under a regular network connection, the true benefit of using a
VPN is to provide functionality to a community that might not otherwise be
available for them to use.

In this context, the answer that involved web conferencing (and a WAN) is
the most appropriate, most especially due to the key phrase "in real time".
I don't believe it was the best example, but it's certainly the only correct
response in the multiple choice.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Selina Dennis