[Year 12 IT Apps] Q A10

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 14 19:40:31 EST 2007

AFAIK, VPN uses the normal web with secure, encrypted communications to
provide a "private" channel between parties. It can replace expensive,
dedicated, physical communication cables like ISDN lines by using
standard internet infrastructure - but with a magic password so others
can't listen in.

VPN is like using a public highway in a limo with tinted windows  :-)

Mark K