[Year 12 IT Apps] Macros - Question arising from Friday's PD

Antonia Caridi ACaridi at sac.vic.edu.au
Tue Mar 13 11:28:59 EST 2007

HI Damien, I made that comment several times about all assessment tasks, if you look at the VCAA Software tools and functions list it is explicitly stated that:

In their learning, students are expected to execute each listed function for a software tool; however, for the assessment tasks, they are only required to demonstrate the majority of functions.
http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/studies/infotech/it-apps-software-sr.pdf

My understanding and recommendation is that students must demonstrate each of the functions/skills listed throughout their learning - before or after the task - does it really matter, however they do not necessarily need to demonstrate ALL of these in the task to get an S.

My girls ARE NOT doing macros or input screens in the task - they have just encountered databases this year and  I feel that it is unfair to ask them to do all of these things under limited time and test conditions. Nor do I need to. However, in class and for homework they will certainly be covering all of the skills listed and these will be discussed in class.

I am sure that this is what VCAA require for the purpose of achieving Satisfactory Completion.

Antonia

Antonia Caridi
Sacre Coeur
172 Burke Road
Glen Iris 3146
Telephone 9885 4501
Fax 9885 5936

This email and any attachments may be confidential and, if you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information in this email. If received in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email and all copies. The school does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free. Any attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the recipient assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this email and/or attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of Sacre Coeur.