[Informatics] Fwd: an invitation for your networks

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 16:17:28 AEDT 2016

Michael was a keynote at the ACCE2016 conference in Brisbane last week. I
was quite impressed with his talk about Wicked Problems and Edutech.
Computing teachers would relate to the design thinking approach shared. If
you are interested, Michael is giving this talk again in Melbourne. You can
register for this free public lecture here: http://newmediaresearch.educ.
monash.edu.au/lnm/hendersonlecture/

Details below. Please share with anybody interested in hearing this.

--
*Roland Gesthuizen*
http://about.me/rgesthuizen

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead

---------------------------
[image: Inline images 2]

Dear friends and colleagues,
you are invited to a free public lecture on digital technologies and
creative thinking.

*The wicked problem of technologies in education:the need for playful
designs *
*Associate Professor Michael Henderson*

What would happen if we stopped pretending that technologies were solutions
to teaching or learning?

In his lecture, Associate Professor Henderson will discuss the *‘wicked
problem’ of when digital technologies are used in education*. In responding
to this 'wicked' complexity, he will propose that we can adopt design
methodologies in our teaching preparation and in student learning, In doing
so he will *explain the stages of design thinking* and will also *share
several creative thinking exercises* that can be used with students and
teachers.

This is a free event. Attendees can receive a certificate of attendance for
their professional learning records.

*Event details*