[Yr11 Information Technology] [Informatics] Thoughts on the 2020 study design - 'Data Analytics'

Ciotti, George W ciotti.george.w at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Mar 20 21:41:37 UTC 2019

Hi Grumpy,

Here’s a site where you will find quite a few.

http://education.abc.net.au/statistics-game/#/

Hope this helps

Cheers

George

Computing, Digital Technologies & Systems
UHS Web & eNews publications
The University High School
www.unihigh.vic.edu.au
PH: 9347 2022

From: yr11it <yr11it-bounces at edulists.com.au> on behalf of Mark <mark at vceit.com>
Date: Wednesday, 20 March 2019 at 2:34 pm
Subject: Re: [Yr11 Information Technology] [Informatics] Thoughts on the 2020 study design - 'Data Analytics'

Thanks for the input, Phillip.

Infographics currently appear in unit 1. In 2020 they are promoted to unit 3.
Is this dumbing-down unit 3 or smartening-up KK from unit 1?
In 2020, unit 1 and 2 outcomes will be just as meaty as those in units 3 and 4.

Speaking of which, days ago I asked if anyone had a favourite infographic they would care to send me for a slideshow.
It turns out that no-one in Victoria has one.
Not one.
This is remarkable - and discouraging.

As our great ex-leader Tony Abbot said in 2013, "No one, however smart, however well-educated, however experienced, is the suppository of all wisdom."

I don't know everything, and only our collected contributions will make a really great suppository.

I am willing to contribute to these magnificent lists, but if hundreds of practising teachers don't also contribute why should I?
I will happily stroll back down to the beach and let you use your own suppositories.

Love, as always,
Grumpy Mark