[Yr11 Information Technology] Motion Charts

Mary Ho homn at aquinas.vic.edu.au
Tue Aug 22 07:48:39 AEST 2017

Thank you for sharing.

On 20 August 2017 at 17:36, Esther ANDREWS <ANDREWS.Esther at bssc.edu.au>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was looking for an alternative to Google's flash-based motion charts and
> found a new tool Chart.ca
>
> Here is their blog: http://blog.charte.ca/
>
> And their motion chart tool site: https://editor.charte.ca/#/
> The tool exports a .svg file that students can save and view in any
> browser.
>
> I put together (ie spent DAYS on) a set of instructions for my class to
> extract data from the World Bank dataset and create a motion chart using
> Charte.ca that shows the relationship between life expectancy and
> expenditure on health in Australia and other Asian countries.
>

> It worked quite well so I thought I'd share.
>

> Some traps:
>

>    - Use Firefox or Chrome only
>    - If you get an error about different versions of the tool, clear the
>    browser's cache (they have been making quite frequent updates)
>

> This may be too late for many of you, but I hope some find it useful.
>

> Regards,
>
> Esther.
>

> *Esther Andrews **| Admin Systems Developer, IT and Maths Teacher*
>
> *Bendigo Senior Secondary College*
>
> *Box 545 | BENDIGO | Victoria  3552   Australia*
>
> *B +61 3 5443 1222 <+61%203%205443%201222> | F  +61 3 5441 4548
> <+61%203%205441%204548>*
>
> *andrews.esther at bssc.edu.au <andrews.esther at bssc.edu.au>*
>
> *www.bssc.edu.au
> <https://mail.bssc.edu.au/OWA/redir.aspx?C=a72c4d4a10f746eea69b0ae04394b999&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bssc.edu.au%2f>*
>
> *Our ROLE is to empower learners for individual, community and global
> leadership. We value Respect, Optimism, Learning and Environment.*

> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
> Teachers Association Inc

Mary Ho

Teacher

AQUINAS COLLEGE

Great Ryrie Street

P.O. Box 190, Ringwood VIC 3134

T: (03) 9259 3045

VM: (03) 9259 3139

E: homn at aquinas.vic.edu.au

Promoting justice and the love of God

This email and any attachments may be confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information in this
email. If received in error, please notify the sender or Aquinas College
immediately and delete the email and all copies. Aquinas College does not
represent or warrant that the attached files are free from computer viruses
or other defects. Any attached files may only be used on the basis that the
user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequences
resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files,
whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The liability of
Aquinas College is limited in any event to either the resupply of the
attached files or the cost of having the attached files resupplied. Any
representations or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
individual sender and do not necessarily represent those of Aquinas
College. Emails and data sent and received by Aquinas email accounts may be
stored offsite.