[Yr11 Information Technology] U2O1 - Data Visualisation

Bane, Janet A bane.janet.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Jun 17 16:17:06 EST 2011

I would like to do some database stuff, but I am not sure how the visualisation aspect fits in - are we talking about a switchboard that will display something (eg. a report/or maybe a chart made in Excel) when a button is clicked?

It seems to me that some aspect of database should be examined in Year 11, otherwise students could go on to Year 12 ITA with no knowledge at all about databases  (which would be a disadvantage, I think)

I have looked up the study design and it says that databases are permissible, but can someone advise me on how they could be incorporated into the first outcome?

Otherwise, I will just use many eyes:  http://www-958.ibm.com/software/data/cognos/manyeyes/   if you haven't had a look, its well worth it.

regards

Janet Bane

Patterson River SC