[Yr11 Information Technology] VITTA Conference Highlights 2008

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 25 11:51:39 EST 2008

Hi everyone (and apologies for the cross posts!),

We are close to releasing our conference program for 2008 - and I thought I
would email you to give you a preview of the some of the features of the
program for this year!

This year we will be running more practical sessions and for longer.
Practical sessions will be 120 minutes long and we will have 7 labs
available!

We have a large number of targeted sessions for Senior IT - including a
special stream of sessions which we have called our 'VCE Essentials' that
will explain the main theory topics, such as networking, algorithms,
databases and project management.

Our technical program has been targeted to include sessions on ISPs,
deployment and working with mixed platform environments.

We will have a special OLPC / open source lab.

PixelEd will have a special stream of sessions within Wednesday's program.

We will also be offering a number of presentations on writing SACs for the
VCE IT studies - I will be giving the SD one.

The number of sessions abstracts that we have is larger than ever before -
so we are hopeful that this year's conference will be the best ever!  We
still have a little way to go, but set the date/s aside so that you don't
miss out.  I look forward to seeing you all there!

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Janson,

VITTA President

Director of ICT,

Melbourne High School,

Forrest Hill, South Yarra 3141 Australia.

Phone: 03 9826 0711 International: +61 3 9826 0711

Fax: 03 9826 8767 International: +61 3 9826 8767

E-mail: janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au

Website: http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au

Blog: http://jansona.edublogs.org <http://jansona.edublogs.org/>