[vet-it] VET certificates and ENTER score

claire claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au
Thu May 4 15:57:28 EST 2006

This is the scaling process-all scored VCE subjects can go up or down depending on the statistical magic that VCAA weaves (something along the lines you mention Alan, but it never made much sense to me!)
'Supposably' it reflects the difficulty of the subject!!! There is a chart somewhere (maybe on the VCAA site?) that shows how the scores for each subject scale each year, for different ranges of scores.
When doing VCE subject selections, our kids and parents often ask whether the particular subject gets scaled up or down and by how much, and it has an influence on what some kids choose. Unfortunately there is definitely less 'regard' or 'respect' for those subjects that scale down.

This is different to the 10% bonus system that Lesley asked about. Students who were concerned with an ENTER score would have little incentive to undertake a VET subject that didn't contribute to their score. Therefore, if the subject didn't have scored assessment, there was an bonus offer and an incentive to undertake the subject.
Claire :-)