[Year 12 SofDev] Interface requirements for SAC or SAT

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Sat Feb 20 02:29:23 UTC 2021

hey Scott

my take on this has been that it is to be a solution

clients will want a solution with an interface that they can use

that is partly why I have stayed with Visual Studio from Microsloth (Hat tip to Mike Brookes)

the interface is there, usable,

I also send the students to usability.gov  and make them rate their interface based on some of the parameters therein.

IF ALL of your students can make a usable solution for a real client without any interface and YOU can justify to the client that although the solution is for the client that the client cannot actually interface with the solution then you might have ticked the boxes.

As a sessional lecturer at RMIT I taught about user interfaces to third year students for two years. I have always wanted an interface so that the solution can be visibly demonstrated

The basic functional things I ask the students to meet for the SAT are

Add
Edit
Save
Load
Sort

If they do not show all seven then it is hard to get a good mark
It is difficult to show without a decent interface.

Andrew Shortell
At: - unemployed in 2021