[Year 12 SofDev] Software Development Newbie Questions

Tanya Whiteley whiteley.tanya at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 06:31:15 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I've been asked to teach VCE Software Development next year.  It hasn't
been taught prior at this school so there are no resources.  Until now I
have been teaching VCE mathematics.

I would love some help on where to begin and I also have some questions.
Which textbook do people use?
Which programming language do you recommend?
Is the SAT a project each student chooses the topic for?  I've never done a
SAT before and it sounds like it is different to a SAC in that it is not
written by the teacher?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance.