[Year 12 SofDev] Computing curriculum in Germany and Israel

Nayak, Jayanti S nayak.jayanti.s at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Dec 4 11:32:57 UTC 2018

I came across this in an article.

Countries where programming is taught as a core course within computer science.
Germany and Israel are the countries where a strong curriculum in computer science  (CS)  is  well  established. This  curriculum  includes  problem  solving,  programming, as well as other skills related to CT. In primary and secondary schools in Germany, students are exposed to robotics and HTML as an introduction to the main topics related to CS in parallel with a strong focus on privacy and ethics. High schools in Germany place a strong emphasis on computer programming and computational theory to develop higher skills related to CS.

Israel on the other hand, has developed and implemented a model for a high school CS education program based in four pillars:
(a) National CS curriculum and syllabus,
(b) Research in CS education,
(c) CS teacher preparation programs
(d)  Mandatory  CS  teaching  license.

In both countries, there is a strong focus on teacher training, ranging from CS bachelor degrees to extensive  pedagogical  training  certified  by  the  Ministry  of  Education  of  each country.

Kind Regards,
Ms. Jayanti S Nayak
Computing, Maths & Science Teacher
I Werribee Secondary College - Wyndham's International High School I Duncans Road, Werribee,
I t: +61 3  9741 1822 I e: nayak.jayanti.s at edumail.vic.gov.au<https://www.edumail.vic.gov.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=ksdDDq2tqZ1SEnVlTj1sKCpj-nImn_CINv_oncovhvXpJBzGKXPVCA..&URL=mailto%3agarner.mark.m%40edumail.vic.gov.au> I w: www.werribeesc.vic.edu.au<https://www.edumail.vic.gov.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=ezN4AcvlMowzvdDvu61XXzz3sabdhmualM8RQyGJMeLpJBzGKXPVCA..&URL=https%3a%2f%2fwww.edumail.vic.gov.au%2fowa%2fredir.aspx%3fC%3dQ8NrKV4jsGx2PrWcRFhFl9UftgdjudYcfV5yWOxtGqrciyttZlTUCA..%26URL%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww.werribeesc.vic.edu.au%252f> I

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Training.