[Year 12 SofDev] Computer Lab question

Grieve, Carlin C grieve.carlin.c at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu May 11 10:40:51 AEST 2017

Hi Troy,

I managed a similar change at our school. We decommissioned several computer labs, however we had to keep at least 3 digital technology computer labs active.
This was a requirement to ensure students still had access to decent equipment to complete coursework.
This includes a CAD Lab - for modelling (Autodesk Inventor/Fusion360) and 2 High end labs - VCE Computing & High end courses (Game Design, Programming & Print) As the other labs around the school run out of life they are decommissioned, and not replaced. Only the three purpose built labs will remain updated.

This allows our families to purchase computers that are cheaper and more built towards educational pedagogy i.e. Stylus focus for non-linear thought and brainstorming. Rather than setting out a high end laptop that not all students will need/use.

Kind Regards,
[cid:image007.png at 01D1B9E9.E8187310]

Carlin Grieve
Epping Secondary College