[Year 12 SofDev] Integrated systems powerpoint

Esther ANDREWS ANDREWS.Esther at BSSC.EDU.AU
Wed Sep 7 13:16:26 AEST 2016

Hello all,

Chris and I have put together a powerpoint about a few emergency systems that share data.

Chris is a volunteer firefighter - hence the slides to support what he had to say about responding to a fire. Following that that are slides with about Emergency Management and the Victorian Government's use of a new tool being developed in California (SCOUT) - with supporting 5min videos. The documentation I was able to find included references to organisational goals, timelines (project plans), stakeholders, protocols for sharing data, etc. The videos included reference to difficulties sharing data, measures of effectiveness and evaluation.

I thought I would share even though it was not designed to be shared which means you might not see the connections between some slides. A couple of slides are about json data format which is a relatively new standard for sharing data - evolved for use with javascript. There is a government project encouraging people to play with these datasets - it seemed on topic!

Pick out the bits of use. Links to websites, videos and documents are included in the powerpoint along with two sets of questions.

As always I'd love any feedback/corrections etc

Regards,
Esther.