[Year 12 SofDev] I have a great offer !

Mark mark at vceit.com
Wed Sep 7 12:40:48 AEST 2016

I thought the same, but some research shows that tapes are still very
popular and competitive for business backups, mainly because of their huge
capacity and speed.

Google "backup tape vs disk" and you'll see the debate over their relative
merits has been ongoing and is still raging. Example 1
<http://www.toptenreviews.com/services/articles/tape-vs-disk/>. Example 2
<http://www.storage-switzerland.com/Articles/Entries/2011/1/27_Breaking_The_Top_Four_Myths_Of_Tape_vs._Disk_Backup.html>
.

And tape has significant benefits over online backup. In the sample exam Q,
the tape backup of 5GB would have taken 31 seconds. The online backup would
have taken 11.11 hours (assuming a modest 1Mbps upload speed).

It seems that - unlike the poor floppy disk - tape just won't die.

Regards,
Mark

mark at vceit.com
http://vceit.com