[Year 12 SofDev] sorting criteria My thoughts

Baas, Benjamin B baas.benjamin.b at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Jun 21 07:54:17 AEST 2016

My understanding is that the only time complexity is involved is for the sorting algorithm. For everything else it is about what is appropriate for the solution. That been said if the language you use has any inbuilt complex sorting function there is nothing stopping your students from using it and meeting the complexity requirements for sorting algorithms as long as the document the reason why they are using it.

Cheers,

Ben Baas
-Alkira Secondary College