[Year 12 SofDev] Questions about teaching the Object Orientated part of OO programing languages

Baas, Benjamin B baas.benjamin.b at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Jul 22 11:34:35 AEST 2016

Hi all,

I was just curious about how many people are teaching their students how to create and work with objects and how is it working out for them?

I decided to keep to the study design and taught my students how to use records and I'm finding that for the SAT that in the languages my students are using records are rather limited compared to object in how the complier treats them and have had to suggest some rather convoluted bits of code to get some of their programs working when using objects would have been simpler and more elegant .

I am now contemplating straying away from the study design a little bit next year and have my students learn how to work with objects instead of records.

Cheers,

Ben.

Benjamin Baas
*   Nurture Ave, Cranbourne North | PO Box 4314, Narre Warren South 3805
'   +61 3 5991 3500      6 +61 3 5991 3599     * www.alkirasecondarycollege.com.au<http://www.alkirasecondarycollege.com.au/>
Alkira Secondary College believes in Personalised learning for all, and  Respect for the individual

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Training.