[Year 12 SofDev] Language options 2016

Laurie Savage 08327998 at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 23 14:59:49 AEDT 2016

My feeling is that in the Folio exercises (U3O1) you are specifying the task quite explicitly and that should include prescribing the language being used - if you are unfamiliar with the language then it it could be difficult to assess the accuracy and completeness of the task. On the other hand the SAT is open-ended and the specifications come from the customer. The student would be sensible to explore different languages to add functional or non-functional elements to the solution. Mine are studying PHP but I would be surprised if the better ones didn't include Javascript or SQL in their solution.

Laurie

Laurie Savage
IT Teacher/Assessment and Reporting Coordinator
Pascoe Vale Girls College