[Year 12 SofDev] Programming Environments on the Mac

Andrew Hansen AHansen at ringwoodsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Sep 15 15:05:44 EST 2014

Hi All,

Here at RSC we have MAC’s all round.  Our IT labs multi-boot so we have Win7 and OSX side by side.  My kids programme in C# (Visual Studio) and occasionally Python (PyCharm) on the Win side and Cocoa (Xcode) and Python (PyCharm) on the Mac side.  The C# is used for widows games, Python is used for cross platform and Cocoa is used for native Mac and iOS apps.  The machines work perfectly and there are no hassles.  Personally I have a Macbook Pro with two partitions (OSX and Win7) and I use Parallels to run them simultaneously.  I can copy from my Visual Studio editor in Windows and paste into a word doc in Mac.  No problems.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of Ringwood Secondary College.