[Year 12 SofDev] sorting & searching algorithm

Mark mark at vceit.com
Mon Sep 15 13:05:41 EST 2014

Hi Vi.
They need (study design p.46)...
"techniques for searching, including *binary search*, "
(most of us would consider linear search to be the main other one)
and
"techniques for sorting, including *bubble sort* and *quick sort*"

Hope that helps.

On 15 September 2014 12:41, Tran, Vi V <tran.vi.v at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>   I'm just preparing my Yr 12 software dev students for their exam.
>
>   For algorithms on search and sort, do students only need to know about:
>
> binary search
>
> bubble & quick sort
>

> Or do they also need to know about linear and insertion search.
>

> Thanks.

> and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early
> Childhood Development.

> Authority and
> Teachers Association Inc

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*"Due to recent advances in DNA analysis, I will no longer be spitting in
your coffee."  *Anon