[Year 12 SofDev] Vale Maggie

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 12:32:46 EST 2014

Words simply cannot express how this makes me feel.  What I can say is that she gave so much to this community.  She helped so many of us tirelessly.  She was so passionate about IT and Software Development in particular, I feel that the numbers of students she has inspired both directly and indirectly through us is beyond measure.  Her involvement with VITTA and VCAA, spanning many years, has often been manifest in ways that many didn't notice - yet her ideas and passion have shaped many study designs, VITTA conferences and publications.  I don't think there will be many of us that have not sat in on one of her presentations - she had a way of making things very clear and tangible - her style was always so inclusive despite her breadth of knowledge and experience.  Maggie had a passion for programming and I recall fondly many conversations had with her about VB.Net and PHP.  Security was another passion of hers and as I read through the study design, I can see so much of her influence.  No matter how busy she was, she always had time for anyone that needed it and will be sorely missed.
Vale Maggie
Adrian Janson