[Year 12 SofDev] For the Greybeards...

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Thu Sep 26 11:17:42 EST 2013

Yes, I heard of this Voyager 'trek' a little while ago and it is impressive to note also that it actually hasnt collided and been obliterated by astronomical objects(asteroid showers, meteorite chunks etc).
Is it pure luck that it still even exists???

Perhaps a few generations hence they may then have created technologies to actually capture and study its travels should it even survive that long!

As for the comment on our generation and technologies...I sometimes debate myself as to whether they take it for granted or actually appreciate what it has done or how it has 'improved?' their lives today (and ours too!).

Even the Sat Nav devices we(well actually not me...yet!) use in our vehicles or portable devices...are a creation that is thanks to der..Satellites!

Ahh, tis a wondrous world we have today...wonder what tomorrow will bring!?????

cheers all...
ps..the BOM.gov.au site satellite pic said no clouds when I looked online this morning...WRONG! ..looked out my back window to see lots of grey clouds and some rain and lots of wind..out the back planting some veggies just a mo' ago almost got blown over! Im in the Wimmera for those who dont know..2hrs west of Ballarat!

Why? Dunno really, I just enjoy growing them and eating, saving or sharing some..yep true.

As for 'greybeard'...not yet!...shaved head ...kinda cheating I guess...hehehe...

Kent.

Kent Beveridge
ICT Coordinator & Maths Teacher
kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au<mailto:kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au>