[Year 12 SofDev] For the Greybeards...

Mark mark at vceit.com
Thu Sep 26 10:48:35 EST 2013

"NASA’s Voyager 1 spacecraft has gone interstellar.

Launched in 1977, the probe is vintage space hardware. At more than 36
years old, or roughly a millennium in computer years, it’s an impressive
feat to have the spacecraft drifting through the material between stars.
Looking at the machine’s specs is a reminder of how far electronics have
come in the intervening years."
www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/09/vintage-voyager-probes/

Apart from an enjoyable few minutes of muttering "8 inch floppy disks??
 LUXURY! I remember when we had to record data on the backs of Persian
cats..." it might be useful for your kids to get a sense of the pace at
which technology is developing.

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

Day 19, I have successfully conditioned my master to smile and write in his
book every time I drool.- Pavlov's Dog