[Year 12 SofDev] DFD question

Mark mark at vceit.com
Sat Feb 23 07:15:09 EST 2013

I had the same issue with the DFD and UCD for one of the programming
outcomes.
The restaurant customer would be an obvious actor/external entity in a
system that takes meal orders.
However since the waiter is the one interacting with the system, and the
customer is interacting with the waiter, the customer does not appear at
all in the system representation.

Sometimes what seems logical is not as it first appears.

On 22 February 2013 13:14, Simone Tynan <Simone.Tynan at shcy.vic.edu.au>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am having trouble with aspects of a DFD.
>
> I have a DFD and context diagram in which shows a customer orders a
> service and it is quoted and carried out.
>
> Similar scenario, except the service is being carried out for a
> beneficiary. (Think Ninja and assassins. ;-) )
>
> The Customer is providing all details and payments. The beneficiary is not
> actually adding to or receiving from the system (that I can see).
>
> Are they still added as an external entity? Is there any connection
> between them and the system?
>
> Many thanks for any input/
> Simone

> Simone Tynan