[Year 12 SofDev] The next study design

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Sun Feb 10 17:28:49 EST 2013

Hey James,
How about a compromise, if you wish database structures then perhaps it could be an "option" for data trawling exercises in the key skills section. Certainly has merit ....perhaps you'd consider a linked lists option instead?( fits with lists and arrays )
Me...I feel databases killed students choosing the subject and hence they went elsewhere to explore creativity options...
I do like the " emerging technologies" concept..it supports my earlier response about 3D manufacturing processes..CAD/CAM/CIM content as possible new content too. These also open the door to an animation/computer-modelling  stream??
Also..the gaming programming options that kids are liking..could they be integrated into the new SD study design?
More thoughts as I get them....

Kent.

Kent Beveridge
ICT Coordinator & Maths teacher