[Year 12 SofDev] object descriptions

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Sep 3 08:41:35 EST 2012

Hi Maggie. I've also long wondered about object descriptions in IT.

The last time I went hunting for examples of them on the web, I came to the
conclusion that they were a timid and endangered type of beast never seen
in the wild, and living only in the protected sanctuary of the IT study
design.

But after a new safari, I've found an example at...

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iadthelp/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.etools.iseries.langref2.doc/disod.html

which might help a bit.  They seem intended to give information about
objects' properties in the same way a data dictionary gives information
about data.

But they still don't seem to breed outside of captivity.

Mark Kelly - kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Phone: +613 8520 9085, Fax +613 9578 9253
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist <http://edulists.com.au/itapps/index.htm>
--
Visit Diigo links for ITA <http://groups.diigo.com/group/vce-info-tech> and