[Year 12 SofDev] eLearning Job Description

Kevork KROZIAN kkrozian at ringwoodsc.vic.edu.au
Wed May 16 16:24:50 EST 2012

Hi Adrian,

We had a section for this role under http://www.edulists.com.au/eLearning/job-desc/jobdescriptions.htm with a few contributions although some are a little older.

elearning is a fast moving target that may or may not involve managing and directing the technical team. That can involve networking knowledge, hardware etc or it can be in collaboration with a network manager. It depends on resources and expertise. It is non linear in that learning does not follow the same sequence for everyone. Also, elearning is not just digitization of content or using text books in electronic form by converting them to pdf and calling it elearning. It has to include higher order thinking , the problem solving methodology ( however number of stages you wish to use ).

I guess the other big change recently has been in digitial mobile learning including mobile phone, tablet and netbook content.

Apart from that a few other aspects to it could include:

  1. Liaising with all other Domains regarding how digital learning can enhance teaching and learning  in their respective areas

  2. Auditing, managing pd and upgrades to teacher elearning capacity and skills

  3. Measuring improvements in student learning and correlating that to elearning initiatives including choice of devices, programs, modes of elearning delivery including mixed or blended learning models or 24/7 delivery of learning opportunities, assessment, feedback.

  4. Removing bottlenecks in the network to assist in performance improvements eg. wireless RF tagging to see loads on particular WAPs etc.

  So all in all 2 periods time allowance per week should be plenty to deliver all that shouldn't it ?  :)))

My humble 2c

Good luck

Kevork Krozian
Ringwood SC