[Year 12 SofDev] SRS operating environment

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 25 11:03:09 EST 2011

You're right about software having to fit existing hardware. My question was
prompted by a case study I wrote where the equipment was old and manky and
would need upgrading to run a modern new software system.  Maybe I could
just remove the bit about the incompetence of the hardware to simplify
things?

And as for the wetware issue, I'd suggest any data store is one recorded in
some tangible fashion, which would exclude neurons...

I prefer to store nothing in my head.  It's not a safe and reliable place to
be.

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

All generalisations are false, except this one.