[Year 12 SofDev] SRS operating environment

Matheson, Heath A Matheson.Heath.A at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Mar 25 09:41:06 EST 2011

I've been thinking about this over this week as well.

I'm just wondering if I have been stuck in the past and still thinking
of "systems development" (people, equipment etc) rather than "software
development" (software to run a system). If we are looking at software
requirements and analysis, could the hardware components have already
been  through the design phase?

>From the examples I've looked at this seems to be the case. The
operating environment outlines the hardware that the software you are
going to design operates on.

I have a question on DFD's. If a person stores a database in their head
(as can occur in some businesses), in a DFD is this still represented as
a data storage?

Cheers,

Heath Matheson