[Year 12 SofDev] From your friendly Adminstrator

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Thu Mar 10 22:21:41 EST 2011

Dear Friends,

>From time to time in the heat of striving for excellence we either use or
interpret language in slightly different ways.

For example:

     Each and EVERY member of the study design panel should be able to
clearly and unequivocally, definitively  answer your question because they
put it in the study design. It did not get there by accident. All members of
the panel are responsible for the document...

Intended message: All members of the panel are highly professional,
discharge their responsibilities with the utmost care and would be aware of
the meaning of the final document in all its parts. They have our highest
regard and respect and would be best placed to help clarify what we are
trying to understand here. There can't be ambiguity here as this and all
other items would have been thoroughly discussed and an agreement reached.
We just need to find what that is. Perhaps they can help us as we need them
now ?

Interpreted message:  All members of the panel are responsible for what they
do and ultimately put down as the final document. Actually, they are more
than responsible. Since they took on this job we can hold them to account
and even hold them liable for everything written here. So, let's ask them to
justify what they have written here.

In my 15 years trying to make this community work I have found the above
example overwhelmingly the single reason for misunderstanding,
disappointment and ultimately grievance.

[ For the record, I have never been on a study panel, but have been informed
that sometimes different people may work and focus on different areas and
therefore would not be able to answer very detailed questions about all
areas of the document with equal authority. I can't validate this and it is
perhaps a minor point, but I thought it should be made ]

We are all human. Our Hippocratic Oath is " unconditional positive regard"
and we all do our best to give our students every opportunity to succeed.

We are extremely fortunate to have Paula ever present in our different
online communities. We simply would be lost without her participation. She
is not compelled to  be online with us and we repeatedly thank her for being
here.

Andrew has been and always is highly professional and enjoys enormous
respect for his expertise and participation. His contributions always lift
us that little bit more. He has proven his professionalism with his
clarification to remove any misunderstanding.

Can I implore all of you wonderful , dedicated, professional and caring
people to keep up the great work and continue to look after each other.

With my best wishes

Kevork Krozian

Edulists Creator Administrator

www.edulists.com.au