[Year 12 SofDev] Assessment sheet V2

Claudia Graham claudia.graham at overnewton.vic.edu.au
Thu Mar 3 23:46:00 EST 2011

Hi Lony (and list),

I have reworked my assessment sheet a little based on the great one you sent to the list.

I have not included details about formatting of report - not sure I have that as I high priority. I will be giving students a template SRS (coming soon) based on what is in the assessment sheet.
I think we should aim for assessment tools to be short and tight. They should not go on for lessons after lesson, so I don't want them sitting there worrying about the font or page number etc. I would hope I could get kids completing this in 150 minutes (that's 3 lessons for me), this year it will be a little bit of hit and miss, see how is goes and modify for next year.

But if I give my boys a structure to work in that may help the process along, and they will probably at this stage do the whole thing electronically.

I have also put a criteria about what the solution does not do - as a way of clearly defining the boundaries.

I will expect students to understand measureable objectives as part of functional/non-functional requirements - as this makes discussion about evaluation later in the course a little easy to deal with

You will notice I have put in a comment about Moore' product vision model I will be using that to structure the response to the 'purpose' section. I have included details below.

This product vision model helps team members pass the elevator test -- the ability to explain the project to someone within two minutes. It comes from Geoffrey Moore's book Crossing the Chasm<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0066620023/cutterinformatco%20>. It follows the form:

  *   For (target customer/organisation)
  *   Who (statement of the need or opportunity)
  *   The (product name) is a (product category)
  *   That (key benefit, compelling reason to buy/use)
  *   Unlike (primary competitive alternative, current system)
  *   Our product (statement of primary differentiation and advantages of new product)
If anyone else has some suggested  or hints or this outcome would love to hear them.. any discussion on the list if productive in clarifying understanding.
Regards
Claudia

Claudia Graham
VCE Coordinator
9334 0049 (direct)

A dual campus, coeducational Prep to Year 12 school.  Delivering consistently high academic results in Melbourne's North West for over 24 years.

www.overnewton.vic.edu.au<http://www.overnewton.vic.edu.au>

Keilor Campus  I  2-30 Overnewton Road Keilor, Victoria, 3036  I  T  03 9334 0000  I  F  03 9336 1835
Taylors Lakes Campus  I  39 - 57 Robertsons Road Taylors Lakes, Victoria, 3038  I  T  03 9334 0000  I  F  03 9390 5144

2011 College Theme  I  Making Connections  I

Consider the environment before choosing to print this email.