[Year 12 SofDev] Data dictionary - data formats

Mike Brookes mikebr at tpg.com.au
Wed Apr 6 19:09:47 EST 2011

G'Day Robert
I was thinking purely from a programming point of view.
If the postcode is stored as an integer then you don't need a separate
index. If you store Suburb names in an array where the position in the
array corresponds to the postcode, eg element 3020 in the Suburb array
is Sunshine, then Suburb(postcode) will give you the Suburb for any
postcode. At least that's the theory :-)
Mike