[Year 12 SofDev] Study design - part 2

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Mar 24 14:45:28 EST 2010

SD U3O1 - Specs for a networked solution (using "Unified Modelling Language
to create use cases")
SD U3O2 - Prototype solution to meet a need.
SD U4O1 - Program for a mobile device, incl. legal issues + user
documentation + report/test on security/legal issues
SD U4O2 - How to evaluate effectiveness of solutions operating on a network
(report or test)

U1O1 - Spreadsheets
U1O2 - Networking
U1O3 - Teams create a website investigating an IT issue + spreadsheet to
manipulate/graphically represent data
U2O1 - Data visualisation to meet a user's needs (using 1 or more of
programming, database, spreadsheet, data visualisation software)
U2O2 - Programming + careers
U2O3 - Teamwork to satisfy a client (any tool) + project management.

Summary - little change to the outcomes.
A reversion to a database/spreadsheet choice as used in the old IPM days
(my preferred solution to the enforced double-dose-of-database problem.)

I could work with this study design.  Hassle your VCE manager to get your
copy.

Over to you guys.

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085