[Year 12 SofDev] LaTrobe University C# programming workshop for us

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Tue Jul 13 23:54:02 EST 2010

Hi Folks,

 In order to assist teachers to prepare for the new Study Design , the
Computer Science department of LaTrobe University is offering a FREE
workshop on Thursday 22 July from 10 am to 2 pm with a 9:30 start for
registration/coffee.

 The intention is to gauge the level of support teachers need to deliver the
new Study Design programming requirements. At this stage C# will be the
language with the intention to extend to other languages later in the year.

The content will be approximately the following:

Introduction to Objects and the Visual C# environment.

Use of the visual representation of written code to assist in creating the

all-important mental links between the code and the running software.  1hr

Program Control Structures. 1hr

Data Structures + basic serialised saving and loading. 1hr

Debugging, extension work, feedback, access to a forum for support  1 hr

Location: Computer Science & Computer Engineering Department (Level 1 Beth
Gleeson Building), La Trobe Bundoora

Visitors can park in Car Parks 1 and 2, in any of the WHITE parking spots
only (coloured car parks will get them a nice fine).

Car Park 2 is the closest to the Beth Gleeson Building.

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/io/assets/documents/maps/bun/melb-core.pdf

See grid references F6 - F5 for the closest part of P2 to our building.

In order to organise room(s)and instructors for the day it is essential to
indicate in advance if you wish to attend.

I will set up a on line registration form shortly. In the meantime you can
email me directly if you are a definite to attend.

If you have direct questions you can email the organiser Paul Taylor, senior
lecturer in Computer Science and Games Programming at
P.Taylor at latrobe.edu.au

Kind Regards

Kevork Krozian

Edulists Creator Administrator