[Year 12 SofDev] Careers in ICT presentation 2009

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Apr 23 11:40:14 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

(and apologies for the cross posts),

I have just finished updating my Careers in ICT presentation and have
uploaded to my site for you to download here:

http://www.adrianjanson.com.au/index.php?option=com_docman
<http://www.adrianjanson.com.au/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gi
d=15&Itemid=4> &task=cat_view&gid=15&Itemid=4

One of the best resources at the moment is the MMV produced ICT Skills
Snapshot which you can find here:
http://www.mmv.vic.gov.au/ICTskillssnapshot

It has a huge amount of info!  I have also sourced a lot of stats from the
ACS via Whitehorse Strategic which is run by Ian Dennis - and you can find
lots here:
http://www.whitehorsestrategic.com/cms/index.php/whitehorse/publications/

One of the hardest things is working out what to include, so hopefully I
have done a good job of this..  I am conscious that too much can be
information overload, but at the same time, there is a lot of good research
going on and all of it can be used to help our students decide if an IT
career path is right for them.

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Janson,

VITTA President

Director of ICT,

Melbourne High School,

Forrest Hill, South Yarra 3141 Australia.

Phone: 03 9826 0711 International: +61 3 9826 0711

Fax: 03 9826 8767 International: +61 3 9826 8767

E-mail: janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au

School WWW: http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au <http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au/>

My WWW: http://www.adrianjanson.com.au <http://www.adrianjanson.com.au/>

Blog: http://jansona.edublogs.org <http://jansona.edublogs.org/>