[Year 12 SofDev] ICT Electives in Years 8-10

Leanne Wright leannejwright at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 13:23:52 EST 2008

Here at Epping Secondary College we have ICT as a core subject in Years 7, 9 and 10 for one semester in each of those years. The 7s and 9s have 4 x 72 minute periods per fortnight and the 10s have 3.  In year 8 we run an Integrated Systems & Technology unit for a semester where students use computers to produce working drawings of items to be constructed in the workshop. We also run a programming elective at Year 10 for 4 periods per fortnight which focuses on game development. Judging by other responses we seem to have been extremely lucky to have retained so much time for ICT.

From: QN at boxhillhs.vic.edu.auTo: sofdev at edulists.com.auDate: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 11:50:19 +1000CC: QN at boxhillhs.vic.edu.auSubject: [Year 12 SofDev] ICT Electives in Years 8-10

Hi all,
         Currently at Box Hill High School
we have ICT as a one semester elective
in years 8 - 10.  This have serious
implications for our course continuity.
Theoretically we can have students
attempt Soft Dev without having ICT
experience since year 7 (not a common
occurrence).

Is this course structure about on par
or are we behind the 8 ball in ICT ?

TIA

Russell Quinn

Mailto: qn at boxhillhs.vic.edu.au_______________________________________________ http://www.edulists.com.au IT Software Development Mailing List kindly supported by http://www.vitta.org.au/vce/studies/infotech/softwaredevel3-4.html - Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and http://www.vitta.org.au - VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association Inc